- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
"I have made this numerous times. It's so good & easy!"
"Fast and full of flavor"
"Quick & Easy! I too cooked for 20 minutes."
"NANCY: Your recipe was quick and definitely delicious. Thanks for your lovely recipe for a delicious & quick dinner after a busy day!"
"This was very easy and very tasty. I had always used biscuits cut in fourths for dumplings . These were much better . Followed recipe except didn't add carrots ( personal preference)"
"I use thawed frozen mixed veggies instead of the carrots and celery. I have also made it using cream of chicken soup instead of broth. Very rich and easy."
"Tired this and making it a lot we love it and it is so tasty and easy to make I added tarragon for extra flavor and makes a difference is so good my husband loves it added tarragon to the dumplings also, you must try this"
"First time I made Dumplings! Turn out Great! Thanks!"
"This is absolutely delicious. I never had luck making chicken and dumplings and gave up a long time ago. I decided to try once again. The dumplings turned out perfect. I left them cook 20 minutes to be on the safe side like some of the others suggested. So glad I did since any time I did make dumplings they were always full of doe in the middle. Husband says I have to make this again, which I definitely will. I also added onions because we are big onion fans. Excellent Recipe and is great in a time cruncher. Thanks for posting"