- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Sort By :
This was a big hit with my family easy to fix and taste is great.
This recipe was loved by my husband and my two picky girls! I used carrot, onions and peas in my recipe.
I had four cups of rotisserie chicken in my freezer that I wanted to make good use of, and this brutal, unending winter makes me yearn for comfort foods. I searched the internet and came across this recipe, which I followed with the exception of the chicken amount. It turned out great! Very filling and satisfying! Definitely a keeper.
Easy and tastey. Perfect comfort food for a chilly night. I like to add additional veggies, whatever I have, sometimes even frozen mixed veggies.
I have made this recipe and one that uses refridgerated biscuits and cream of chicken soup. My children and husband all liked this recipe better. I did not use the vegetables because my kids will not eat their veggies if I put them in a casserole or soup.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken and Dumplings >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >