- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
"I have made this numerous times. It's so good & easy!"
"Fast and full of flavor"
"Quick & Easy! I too cooked for 20 minutes."
"NANCY: Your recipe was quick and definitely delicious. Thanks for your lovely recipe for a delicious & quick dinner after a busy day!"
"This was very easy and very tasty. I had always used biscuits cut in fourths for dumplings . These were much better . Followed recipe except didn't add carrots ( personal preference)"