- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, saute celery and carrots for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, chicken, poultry seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
- For dumplings, combine biscuit mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Sort By :
if you can't remove the lid how can you insert a toothpick see when the dumplings are Done???? I am confused
This was a big hit with my family easy to fix and taste is great.
This recipe was loved by my husband and my two picky girls! I used carrot, onions and peas in my recipe.
I had four cups of rotisserie chicken in my freezer that I wanted to make good use of, and this brutal, unending winter makes me yearn for comfort foods. I searched the internet and came across this recipe, which I followed with the exception of the chicken amount. It turned out great! Very filling and satisfying! Definitely a keeper.
Easy and tastey. Perfect comfort food for a chilly night. I like to add additional veggies, whatever I have, sometimes even frozen mixed veggies.