Easy Chicken Alfredo
“As rich and buttery as traditional Alfredo sauce, this tasty version is lower in calories and takes just minutes to prepare,” notes TerryAnn Moore in Vineland, NJ
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter-flavored sprinkles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon sliced ripe olives
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, butter
- sprinkles and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese,
- parsley and pepper. Add the chicken, tomatoes and olives. Cover and
- microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Drain
- fettuccine; serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup pasta with 2/3 cup chicken mixture equals 343 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,