- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine the cherries, sugar, cranberries and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Combine cornstarch and reserved juice and add to the pan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts.
- Unfold one pastry sheet and cut in half. Mound half of the cherry mixture on one pastry half to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with remaining pastry half; pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits into tops of strudels; brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 strudels (5 slices each).
Reviews for Easy Cherry Strudels
Sort By :
"This is an amazing recipe. Delicious. Best cherry dessert I have ever made or tasted!"
"Tasty, quick and easy. Everyone really enjoyed these rich pastries."
"Easy to make and very good. I cooked the filling while I was making dinner, not difficult."