Easy Cherry Fruit Soup
Although my heritage is German, my husband's family is from Scandinavia. Fruit soups are common there, and I've been making them since the '50's. They are so convenientyou can make them ahead, then serve them warm or cold.
We're retired, and we grow berries and do a lot of gardening—so Ido a lot of canning and preserving of all kinds. We also enjoy dancing and traveling.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in natural juices, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 3-qt. casserole, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at
- 325° for 1 hour. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.