Easy Cherry Fruit Soup Recipe
Although my heritage is German, my husband's family is from Scandinavia. Fruit soups are common there, and I've been making them since the '50's. They are so convenientyou can make them ahead, then serve them warm or cold. We're retired, and we grow berries and do a lot of gardening—so Ido a lot of canning and preserving of all kinds. We also enjoy dancing and traveling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks in natural juices, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lemon slices
- 1 teaspoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1. In a 3-qt. casserole, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC