Easy Cherry Cobbler
A warm and welcome ending to any meal, this easy cobbler sent in by Sherry Craw of Mattoon, Illinois tastes as soothing as it sounds. The almond extract gives ti an extra flavor boost.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling and extract; spread into a 9-in.
- deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and margarine. Stir milk mixture
- into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls over warmed pie filling. Sprinkle with
- remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes
- until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 206 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.