Easy Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and extract; spread into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar. In another bowl, combine the milk and margarine. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- 3. Drop dough by spoonfuls over warmed pie filling. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 206 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.