- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling and extract; spread into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the baking mix and 2 tablespoons sugar. In another bowl, combine the milk and margarine. Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls over warmed pie filling. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes until topping is golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Cherry Cobbler
"I used 2 cans of cherry pie filling. I did not use any reduced fat or reduced sugar products, used butter instead of margarine & 3/4 C Egg Nog instead of 1/2 C milk"
"I did not care for this. This is not my idea of a cobbler. Will definitely not make it again."
"I made this for a quick dessert for company. Everyone loved it and it was so easy. I used cherries that I had frozen and thicken like a pie filling. I used what would be equal at least to 2 cans of cherry pie filling. Would probably even use more another time and will surely make it again & with different kinds of fruits like peaches, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or apples."
"This recipe was super easy and delicious for being a "Light" dessert."
"I made this for our Family Reunion, it was hit! I made it with apples! We will make it again for sure!"