Easy Cheesy Nachos
There's no need to brown ground beef when fixing this satisfying snack. Laura Jirasek of White Lake, Michigan tops crunchy chips with warm canned chili and melted cheese, then sprinkles it all with chopped tomato and onion for fresh flavor and color.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Divide chips among six plates; set aside. In a saucepan, warm chili
- until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat cheese over medium-low heat
- until melted, stirring frequently. Spoon chili over chips; drizzle
- with cheese. Sprinkle with onions and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 653 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,460 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now