There's no need to brown ground beef when fixing this satisfying snack. Laura Jirasek of White Lake, Michigan tops crunchy chips with warm canned chili and melted cheese, then sprinkles it all with chopped tomato and onion for fresh flavor and color.
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Divide chips among six plates; set aside. In a saucepan, warm chili until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat cheese over medium-low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Spoon chili over chips; drizzle with cheese. Sprinkle with onions and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Cheesy Nachos in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p11
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Cheesy Nachos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review