- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, garlic and pepper flakes. Add milk; stir just until moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Easy Cheesy Biscuits
"These were fantastic! I have a picky eater that loved them!"
"These were good, but I expected a little more cheese flavor. Everyone did enjoy them, though. I left out the red pepper flakes, so maybe next time I will add them."
"These biscuits were delicious. It even works with gluten free flour. They are just a little more dense."
"Love these quick and tasty biscuits. They were very large, so next time I will make them a little smaller and decrease the baking time. The garlic flavor was just enough and the red pepper flakes did not make them "hot"... but only a slight taste of heat on occasional bites. This was good for my family."
"Great to make in a pinch!"
"Thanks, Christina, for sharing this delicious recipe. I cut the recipe in half and we enjoyed the biscuits last night."
"Loved these drop biscuits!! family just kept raving how good they where!!"
"As the author of this recipe says, I also don't enjoy the rolling that usually comes with homemade biscuits. This is a very tasty and easy drop biscuit recipe. They rise up nice and fluffy. I also loved the garlic component of them!"