Easy Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
- 24 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
- 3. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 141 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.