A few years ago, I saw a man in the grocery store buying a big bag full of jalapeno peppers. I asked him what he intended to do with them, and he shared this recipe with me right there in the store! —Janice Montiverdi, Sugar Land, Texas
- 24 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno; sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 3-5 minutes or until filling is warmed. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p201
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review