Easy Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
- 24 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos
Sort By :
"Cooked peppers less than 5 min. Were very mild. Like them very much."
"I thought the peppers were too mushy and weren't hot at all. Why even use jalapenos if you take all the flavor out of them, use a green pepper if that's what you want. I may try again without boiling first and see if it keeps the peppers firmer and tastier."
"This is my new favorite jalapeno popper recipe. I love how boiling the jalapenos for just a few minutes really tones down the heat. I have tried charring them in the past but this works best for me. Thanks for posting this recipe."
"Tried these for Super Bowl VERY GOOD!! I doubled the recipe and did a bag of the little sweet peppers for those who don't like Jalape?os. They were great!"
"LadyTippi.. Try Bragg liquid aminos, unless you are allergic to all soy products. This product is gluten-free, non-fermented and contains no preservatives. wonderful taste. Also can spray on salad greens for a great salad. You can get his at supermarkets and health food stores."