Easy Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
- 24 medium fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes (the longer you boil the peppers, the milder they become). Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls into each jalapeno half; sprinkle with bacon.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Cheese-Stuffed Jalapenos
Sort By :
"I omitted grated cheese, did not boil the peppers and placed bacon on top. Found best way to remove seeds and membrane was to use the handle end of a teaspoon. Ideally need surgical gloves, mask and goggles! Then I used a piping bag to insert cream cheese and put in oven at 350 for 20 mins. Mmmmmmmm"
"I did not boil the peppers, but grilled them after stuffing. They were great!"
"I have made these when my family gets together and everyone likes them. Do wear gloves if making a lot my hands did burn."
"These made a wonderful snack. Be careful not to boil them too long if you want them to look nice and firm as an appetizer."
"I added cooked, crumbled pork sausage to the cream cheese mixture, and omitted the bacon. Awesome!"