Easy Cheese Straws Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 cheese straw equals 72 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Cheese Straws
"I have loved these since I was a Child. Takes me back to a Happier time. I have also tried them with roasted pecans chopped up in it."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.