Easy Cheese Straws
Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks. The hand-held snacks make for easy mingling at parties.—Elizabeth Robinson, Conroe, Texas
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light
- and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and
- cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a
- 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place
- strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes before
- removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cheese straw equals 72 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V
, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now