Five ingredients transform into long, crisp cracker sticks. The hand-held snacks make for easy mingling at parties.—Elizabeth Robinson, Conroe, Texas
Recommended: 70 Budget-Friendly Dinners That Are Big on Taste
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese Straws in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p180
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Easy Cheese Straws
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"I have loved these since I was a Child. Takes me back to a Happier time. I have also tried them with roasted pecans chopped up in it."