Easy Cheese Danish Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks, lemon peel, vanilla and salt; beat on low speed until blended.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry into a 12-in. square. Cut each into nine squares. Spoon 2-1/2 teaspoons of cheese mixture into the center of each square.
- 3. Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring two opposite corners of pastry over filling; pinch to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 202 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Easy Cheese Danish
"Brought these to our annual Easter Family Brunch and everyone loved them! People kept talking about these and couldn't believe they were homemade. You will not regret making these. I hope to make them often. Thanks so much for this recipe."