My kids love chicken potpie, and I really like that this is so quick and easy to put together with frozen veggies and store-bought gravy. To make it even simpler, my friend and I decided to top it with a biscuit crust instead of homemade pastry. It’s delicious! —Linda Drees, Palestine, Texas
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Combine vegetables and gravy in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese and chicken. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and thyme in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chicken mixture; spread gently.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 23-27 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Cheddar Chicken Potpie in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p20
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Cheddar Chicken Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review