Easy Cheddar Chicken Potpie Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen vegetables for stew, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 ounces) chicken gravy
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Combine vegetables and gravy in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cheese and chicken. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and thyme in a small bowl. In another bowl, whisk eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over chicken mixture; spread gently.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 23-27 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Cheddar Chicken Potpie(4)
Sort By :
I had high hopes for this recipe. It was to dry & had no taste. If you are going to make this here are some tips. Use 2 jars of gravy, use 2 cans of mixed veggies and add some type of seasonings. I was going to also try it with beef, but not anymore.
This was rather bland and had too much breading. The frozen vegetables really didn't help either. I would recommend fresh vegetables and less topping.
The entire family enjoyed this! The only thing I did different was use a mix for the gravy and I made 2 cups. It was yummy!
Super easy and fast to make on a busy evening. And best of all, it's delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pot Pie >
- Chicken Pot Pie Recipes >
- Chicken Potpie Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >