Easy Calzone Recipe
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 hoagie rolls (about 6 inches long)
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, basil and oregano; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, slice each roll lengthwise 1/2 in. from the top; set tops aside. Hollow out rolls to 1/2 in. of bottom and sides; discard. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese into each roll; spoon the meat sauce evenly into rolls. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Replace tops of rolls.
- 3. Wrap each roll individually in foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.