Easy Cake Mix Cupcakes Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Assorted colors paste food coloring
- Assorted candies and decorations: spice gumdrops, regular and miniature M&M's, nonpareils, cake decorations, spearmint leaves, coarse and colored sugar, colored jimmmies and miniature marshmallows
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, buttermilk, eggs and oil. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Tint frosting with food coloring. Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC