Easy Caesar Salad
Fans of Caesar salad will find the dressing used in this tasty version one of the best. My sister, Jan, developed the recipe and was nice enough to share her secret with me.Dianne Nash, Kaslo, British Columbia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- Salad croutons and additional grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place romaine in
- a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve with
- salad croutons and additional cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without croutons and additional cheese) equals 73 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.