Easy Burgundy Stew Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 pounds), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- In an ovenproof Dutch oven, combine the first 11 ingredients. Combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir into stew. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender, stirring every 30 minutes. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Easy Burgundy Stew
Sort By :
"Could this recipe be done in a crockpot instead of dutch oven?"
"It was a big hit. I took a few liberties with the recipe by adding more carrots, celery, and tomatoes. I then adjusted by adding more of the liquids. But the basic recipe was just terrific. And very easy for a busy Sunday afternoon."
"It was easy to make and we liked the flavor very much."