Easy Breve Recipe
If you prefer a creamier cappuccino, try a breve. The half-and-half cream creates a thick, rich foam that stands up well when mixed with Easy Espresso. Add sugar or flavored syrups to taste.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup hot brewed Easy Espresso
- 1. Place cream in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot and small bubbles form around edge of cup.
- 2. Place a metal whisk in cup; whisk vigorously by holding whisk handle loosely between palms and quickly rubbing hands back and forth. Remove foam to a small measuring cup as it forms. Continue whisking until foam measures 1/3 cup; set aside.
- 3. Pour Easy Espresso into a cup; pour in remaining hot cream. Spoon foam over top and serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC