If you prefer a creamier cappuccino, try a breve. The half-and-half cream creates a thick, rich foam that stands up well when mixed with Easy Espresso. Add sugar or flavored syrups to taste.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- Place cream in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot and small
- bubbles form around edge of cup.
- Place a metal whisk in cup; whisk vigorously by holding whisk handle
- loosely between palms and quickly rubbing hands back and forth.
- Remove foam to a small measuring cup as it forms. Continue whisking
- until foam measures 1/3 cup; set aside.
- Pour Easy Espresso into a cup; pour in remaining hot cream. Spoon
- foam over top and serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: You may also use a portable mixer with whisk attachment to froth the half-and-half cream. This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.