- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup garden-style spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Spread remaining spaghetti sauce over loaf. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Freeze option: Securely wrap individual portions of cooled meat loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Unwrap meat loaf; reheat on a greased shallow baking pan in a preheated 350° oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Breezy Turkey Loaf
Sort By :
"This was an EASY BREEZY turkey meatloaf. I made my own bread crumbs using sour dough bread, a fire-roasted tomato sauce and I chopped half of the onion and grated the other half. Paired perfectly with garlic red mashed potatoes and spinach, cucumber salad with Italian dressing. Will keep this recipe around for another dinner!"
"This is very good. I will cut the black pepper down to a 1/2 of tsp instead of a whole tsp. It was a little to much pepper for my liking."
"My husband was in love with this meal the first time I made it and it couldn't have been easier to make!"
"haven't made it yet. too much sodium"
"maybe a little dry, but I supposed that's expected with lean ground turkey. Excellent flavor and so easy."