Easy Breezy Turkey Loaf
If you think you can’t make meat loaf like Mom does, try this super-easy recipe. Your favorite store-bought spaghetti sauce flavors the moist loaf and the ground turkey saves on calories.—Jo Ann Shappard, Vincennes, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup garden-style spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce,
- onion, egg, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix
- well. Pat into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Spread remaining spaghetti
- sauce over loaf. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer
- reads 165° and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 354 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 973 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.