Easy Breakfast Strata Recipe
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) herb or cheese bakery bread, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place bread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with sausage; sprinkle with cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and mustard. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Easy Breakfast Strata
Sort By :
"substitute the mustard for 1/3 cup of maple syrup! YUM!"
"I have been making this for a long time and my family loves it. Cut down baking time by spooning it in muffins tins. Easier to use leftovers next day by warming in microwave for a quick breakfast."
"very quick and very satisfying!!"