Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
We love Mexican food, and this was my attempt to have it for breakfast. If my kids will eat it, then I know it's a winner, and they all love this dish! —Judy Parker, Moore, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg substitute. Coat a large skillet
- with cooking spray. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat
- until completely set.
- Heat another large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add
- one tortilla. Top with 1/3 cup cheese, scant 2 tablespoons bacon, 1
- cup egg mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, bacon and eggs, spraying pan
- as needed. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with salsa and
- sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 wedges with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 299 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.