Easy Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 turkey bacon strips, diced and cooked
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg substitute. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set.
- 2. Heat another large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Top with 1/3 cup cheese, scant 2 tablespoons bacon, 1 cup egg mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 3. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, bacon and eggs, spraying pan as needed. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
3 wedges with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 299 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 164 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.