Easy Bourbon Chocolate-Pecan Pie
You can easily make this pie without the bourbon by using three tablespoons of melted butter in its place. To make it lighter, leave out the chocolate.—Sarah Varner, Santa Rita, Guam
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie
- plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips into pastry shell. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, brown
- sugar, bourbon, flour and vanilla until smooth. Stir in 1 cup
- pecans. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.