Easy Boston Cream Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cold half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 to 5 teaspoons hot water
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. Cut cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and enough water to reach desired spreading consistency. Spread over top of cake, letting glaze drizzle down sides. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 piece: 395 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Easy Boston Cream Cake
"This cake is so easy to make! WAY easier than trying to make a real boston creme pie (which is ridiculously hard)"
"I used angel food cake instead of the pound cake,turned out great."
"when you want something quick and delicious, this is it for boston cream cake"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.