Why make a Boston cream pie from scratch when this cake version is so simple? Preparing the pudding with half-and-half cream instead of milk gives this dessert an added richness that's hard to beat.
Recommended: 26 of Our Easiest Desserts Ever
- 1-1/2 cups cold half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 to 5 teaspoons hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and enough water to reach desired spreading consistency. Spread over top of cake, letting glaze drizzle down sides. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Easy Boston Cream Cake in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p5
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Boston Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review