- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugars, flour, salt and nutmeg. Add 2 cups blueberries, butter and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. stir in remaining berries.
- Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Combine topping ingredients; serve with pie. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Cream Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p35
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Blueberry Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review