This dessert couldn't be simpler—all you need is a boxed cake mix. pie filling, miniature marshmallows and whipped topping. This fuss-free torte is short-and-sweet ending to a meal.—Deb Morrison, Skiatook, Oklahoma
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sprinkle marshmallows in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over the marshmallows. Spoon pie filling over batter. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Frost with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Easy Black Forest Torte in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p7
Reviews for Easy Black Forest Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review