Easy Black Bean Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Cut up tomatoes; place in a large bowl. Add juice, beans, chilies, onion, cilantro, salt and, if desired, olives; stir until combined.
- 2. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to Mexican food. Yield: about 4 cups.
1/4 cup equals 32 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Black Bean Salsa
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time when I'm having a party, often subbing in a can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies if I'm in a pinch. It's awesome!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.