VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. Cut up tomatoes; place in a large bowl. Add juice, beans, chilies, onion, cilantro, salt and, if desired, olives; stir until combined.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips or as an accompaniment to Mexican food. Yield: about 4 cups.
Originally published as Easy Black Bean Salsa in Country Extra July 1998, p49
Reviews forEasy Black Bean Salsa
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 5, 2016
"I love this recipe! I make it all the time when I'm having a party, often subbing in a can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies if I'm in a pinch. It's awesome!"