- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon aniseed, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, flour, orange peel and aniseed. Stir in melted butter, egg and vanilla until blended.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter.
- Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over cookies. Bake 6-9 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Bizcochitos in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p16
Reviews for Easy Bizcochitos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review