Easy Biscuit Squares
With just three ingredients, you can bake these shortcake-like biscuits that are perfect topped with strawberries and cream. "The cake mix makes them light, fluffy and slightly sweet," says Marilou Robinson of Portland, Oregon.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit and cake mixes. Stir in water just
- until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times.
- Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Score the surface, making
- nine squares. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Break biscuits apart at score marks. Yield: 9 biscuits.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Pillsbury yellow cake mix.