Easy Beef Taco Skillet
Busy day? Save time and money with this stovetop supper the whole family will love. It calls for handy convenience products, so it can be on the table in minutes. —Kelly Roder, Fairfax, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, tortillas, taco sauce and 1
- cup cheese; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with
- pepper sauce if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 415 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 705 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.