Easy Beef-Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 20 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 large egg
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions to al dente; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups Italian cheese blend, Parmesan cheese, pesto, egg and half of the beef mixture.
- 2. Spread 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13-in x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon cheese mixture into pasta shells; place in baking dish. Combine remaining beef mixture and spaghetti sauce; pour over shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10 servings.
2 shells equals 405 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 730 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.