- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
Definitely needs salt, but good otherwise.
Made it twice, slightly different the second time. Bland, boring, just not good.
Just not a fan I used a London broil for personal taste forgot the tomato paste and the flower. seared the meat then cut it up & put it in the crock pot with all ingredients except sour cream and used golden mushroom soup . 15 minuets before serving used 1 whole cream cheese & a dollop of sour cream . Then boiled the noodles on the stove .
This was good! It didn't take too long to make and even my hubby enjoyed!! It fits into my Weight Watchers plan easily which is also a plus :)
This was easy to make and really good! Even my picky 7 year old daughter ate it without complaint. I would probably add some Nature's Seasons to the sauce next time, but it was delicious. It's one of those meals my whole family ate withou prodding. I would definitely make it again!