Easy Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 326 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Easy Beef Stroganoff
"My family really enjoyed this meal, will make it again!"
"Definitely needs salt, but good otherwise."
"Made it twice, slightly different the second time. Bland, boring, just not good."
"Just not a fan I used a London broil for personal taste forgot the tomato paste and the flower. seared the meat then cut it up & put it in the crock pot with all ingredients except sour cream and used golden mushroom soup . 15 minuets before serving used 1 whole cream cheese & a dollop of sour cream . Then boiled the noodles on the stove ."
"This was good! It didn't take too long to make and even my hubby enjoyed!! It fits into my Weight Watchers plan easily which is also a plus :)"
"This was easy to make and really good! Even my picky 7 year old daughter ate it without complaint. I would probably add some Nature's Seasons to the sauce next time, but it was delicious. It's one of those meals my whole family ate withou prodding. I would definitely make it again!"
"I added some fresh chopped mushrooms. It was really delicious."
"This recipe is amazing. I've been searching for gluten free recipes (i traded the flour for potato starch) and am relieved I have beef stroganoff back! thanks for sharing!"
"I made this with leftover pot roast that I added to the vegetables to reheat when they were almost completely sauteed. My husband really liked it!"
"After trying this, it has become a family favorite. I don't use Tomato Paste often but like it in this recipe. I spread the left over paste thinly in a sealable bag and freeze it."
"Very good and quick. It is lacking some flavor which can be fixed with herbs. I served mine over spaghetti squash and was able to up the serving size to a full cup for less calories."
"I'm not sure I would use the tomato paste again, but all in all this was really good. Quick and easy too which is always a plus!"
"This was fabulous! The tomato paste gives a bit of sweetness to the creamy sauce."
"This is delicious! Instead of ground beef, I used John Soules Foods Beef Fajitas frozen meat (it's seasoned, tenderized strips of beef), but that was the only substitute I made. It's easy and delicious. I'm putting this in my recipe book and will use it again and again."
"Looks like the perfect mid-weekquickie for me....easy too."
"myt family,who are very picky eaters,loved this recipes.added sliced tomatoes with vinegarette dressing for side and rolls to round out meals.this went right into my recipe box."
"My husband and I loved this dish. We used very lean ground turkey and mixed the noodles in. Our friends tried the left overs and LOVED IT! Can't wait to make it again!!"
"I used extra lean ground turkey in this and it was wonderful. Easy to make (even after getting home late from work) and very comforting. This recipe even heats up well for lunch the next day (stored the stroganoff and the noodles in the same container in the fridge).