- 4-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Carefully return beef mixture to the pan. Add the sour cream, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through (do not boil). Drain noodles; serve with beef mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Easy Beef Stroganoff
"My family really enjoyed this meal, will make it again!"
"Definitely needs salt, but good otherwise."
"Made it twice, slightly different the second time. Bland, boring, just not good."
"Just not a fan I used a London broil for personal taste forgot the tomato paste and the flower. seared the meat then cut it up & put it in the crock pot with all ingredients except sour cream and used golden mushroom soup . 15 minuets before serving used 1 whole cream cheese & a dollop of sour cream . Then boiled the noodles on the stove ."
"This was good! It didn't take too long to make and even my hubby enjoyed!! It fits into my Weight Watchers plan easily which is also a plus :)"
"This was easy to make and really good! Even my picky 7 year old daughter ate it without complaint. I would probably add some Nature's Seasons to the sauce next time, but it was delicious. It's one of those meals my whole family ate withou prodding. I would definitely make it again!"
"I added some fresh chopped mushrooms. It was really delicious."
"This recipe is amazing. I've been searching for gluten free recipes (i traded the flour for potato starch) and am relieved I have beef stroganoff back! thanks for sharing!"
"I made this with leftover pot roast that I added to the vegetables to reheat when they were almost completely sauteed. My husband really liked it!"