Easy Beef Stew
This recipe transforms leftover cooked roast beef into a homey stew.—Valerie Cook, Hubbard, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, vegetables, soups and
- seasonings. Heat through. If desired, add reserved vegetable liquid
- to thin the stew. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 301 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,421 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.