This recipe transforms leftover cooked roast beef into a homey stew.—Valerie Cook, Hubbard, Iowa
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, optional
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the beef, vegetables, soups and seasonings. Heat through. If desired, add reserved vegetable liquid to thin the stew. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Beef Stew in Country Woman May/June 1992, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Easy Beef Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2015
"Creamy and delicious , a good way to use leftover roast beef!"