Easy Beef Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Beef Soup
"Great...I left out the tomato sauce added celery, fresh spinach and used frozen corn instead of mixed vegies"
"I prefer a beefy taste rather than the over-powering tomato taste."
"This recipe is great. I didn't change or add anything. I doubled the recipe and used a 4 quart saucepan."
"Good and quick. Easy to double. Makes a hearty meal on a cold day."
"I have used this recipe several times. I use mixed canned vegetables instead of frozen vegetables. It is so easy to make."