Easy Beef Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 130 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Easy Beef Soup
"Great...I left out the tomato sauce added celery, fresh spinach and used frozen corn instead of mixed vegies"
"I prefer a beefy taste rather than the over-powering tomato taste."
"This recipe is great. I didn't change or add anything. I doubled the recipe and used a 4 quart saucepan."
"Good and quick. Easy to double. Makes a hearty meal on a cold day."
"I have used this recipe several times. I use mixed canned vegetables instead of frozen vegetables. It is so easy to make."