- 1-1/2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 4-5 minutes or meat is no longer pink. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, water, broth, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cold water until smooth. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Easy Beef Goulash
"My family enjoyed the beef goulash! The sauce is very tasty!"
"I have tripled this recipe to feed my large family of 7 children. This has been a hit with all, which is rarely the case for so many people! I left out the caraway seeds knowing that some do not like them. I substituted whole wheat flour, and reduced the vinegar. I used canned venison instead of the beef. It was a hit."