Easy Beef and Rice
When time is running short at dinnertime around our house, I rely on this microwave casserole. Convenience folds like canned soup and instant rice make it a fast-to-fix meal.Doris Gill, Sargent, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble beef into an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir
- in the remaining ingredients. Cover and heat on high for 9-10
- minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 438 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,481 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.