Easy Beef and Rice Recipe
When time is running short at dinnertime around our house, I rely on this microwave casserole. Convenience folds like canned soup and instant rice make it a fast-to-fix meal.—Doris Gill, Sargent, Nebraska
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Crumble beef into an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and heat on high for 9-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 438 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,481 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC