When time is running short at dinnertime around our house, I rely on this microwave casserole. Convenience folds like canned soup and instant rice make it a fast-to-fix meal.—Doris Gill, Sargent, Nebraska
Recommended: 22 Ground Beef Skillet Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble beef into an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and heat on high for 9-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Easy Beef and Rice in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p138
Reviews for Easy Beef and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review