- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumble beef into an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and heat on high for 9-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Easy Beef and Rice in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p138
Reviews for Easy Beef and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 24, 2012
This was a great recipe. Needed something quick and easy and this was perfect. Had to substitute cream of broccali soup for the cream of celery (I was out) but everyone in the family absolutely loved it. Definately a new family favorite.