Easy Beef and Noodles
I discovered this recipe in a magazine years ago and adapted it to fit my family's tastes. It's a very fast and flavorful meal.Mildred Pavek, Eagle River, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium onion,sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef-flavored ramen noodles
- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- In a skillet, saute steak, onion and mushrooms in oil for 6-7 minutes
- or until meat is no longer pink. Set noodle seasoning packet aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add noodles; cook until
- tender. Drain. Add noodles, contents of seasoning packets and
- remaining water to skillet; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 251 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 631 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.