I love the combination of green beans with bacon, so I created this recipe. It's great for when you have company because you can start the side dish in the slow cooker and continue preparing the rest of your dinner.—Barbara Brittain, Santee, California
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Cover and refrigerate bacon until serving.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved drippings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in bacon; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Easy Beans & Potatoes With Bacon in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p63
Reviews for Easy Beans & Potatoes with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review