Easy Beans & Potatoes with Bacon Recipe
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Cover and refrigerate bacon until serving.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved drippings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in bacon; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Easy Beans & Potatoes with Bacon
Sort By :
"Very delicious! Preparation I found took longer than 15 minutes by the time I fried the bacon, peeled and chopped potatoes, snapped beans and sliced onions--more like 30 minutes! But the result was very good. I sent it to a potluck with my husband, reserving some for me. I know they will like it!"
"A NUMBER ONE !!!! MY GRANDMOTHER'S RECIPE FROM WAY BACK IN THE DAY !!!! MJH"
"Very good........I would fix this for company. Easy! I have two crocks, fixed this with the crock pot creamed corn, and oven fried chicken, all TOH recipes. Sorry, I don't have the exact names of the recipes, but the dinner was fantabulous!!!"
"I cooked on the stove top due to time constraints but it still turned out great!!"
"My family did this in pressure cooker. I am going to try it this way too. I know it will be delcious."