- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Cover and refrigerate bacon until serving.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in reserved drippings. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in bacon; heat through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Easy Beans & Potatoes with Bacon
"One of my favorite dishes. Ate it growing up, eating it growing old."
"I make this on the stove. Only difference is I brown the onions in the tablespoon of bacon drippings. Yummy!"
"Very delicious! Preparation I found took longer than 15 minutes by the time I fried the bacon, peeled and chopped potatoes, snapped beans and sliced onions--more like 30 minutes! But the result was very good. I sent it to a potluck with my husband, reserving some for me. I know they will like it!"
"A NUMBER ONE !!!! MY GRANDMOTHER'S RECIPE FROM WAY BACK IN THE DAY !!!! MJH"
"Very good........I would fix this for company. Easy! I have two crocks, fixed this with the crock pot creamed corn, and oven fried chicken, all TOH recipes. Sorry, I don't have the exact names of the recipes, but the dinner was fantabulous!!!"