Easy Batter Rolls
The first thing my guests ask when they come for dinner is if I'm serving these dinner rolls. The buns are so light, airy and delicious that I'm constantly asked for the recipe.
Thomasina Brunner, Gloversville, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a
- saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry
- ingredients; beat until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed for 30
- seconds, then on high for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour (batter
- will be stiff). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Stir dough down. Fill greased muffin cup half full. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 4 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1
- minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Brush tops with
- melted butter. Yield: 1 dozen.