Easy Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium-high heat. Remove chops and keep warm. Add green pepper, celery and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until vegetables begin to soften.
- 2. Return pork chops to the pan. In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, broth and chili powder. Pour over chops and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce equals 312 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 867 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.